The theme “SEAFOOD Science for a changing demand” will be covered and elaborated through the following seven session topics:
- Safety evaluation and emerging risks
- Seafood quality reassurance
- Integrity, authenticity and differentiation of products
- Sustainable use of catches and farming
- Advances in seafood processing technology and smart control
- Product innovation, consumer acceptance and expectations
- Seafood from the world for the European cuisine
As an innovative aspect, it has also been organized a session focusing on the industry, including market and technology sections.
The event will be focused in the R+D+i oriented to global societal needs, looking for innovative solutions to meet the new demands, regarding that the Global Seafood Markets in 2030 will be characterized by:
- Demand for seafood is expected to increase strongly
- The value of attributes and information are increasingly important
- Product innovation increases demand
- Aquaculture is competitive – Innovations are leading to rapid technological progress
Welcome to Bilbao!