Families are looking for healthier alternatives to feed their furry animals. Recently, raw (BARF diet) or minimally processed pet food has become popular due to the health benefits it offers to dogs and cats.
High pressure processing (HPP) ensures food safety in the production of raw (non-thermally processed) pet food, while keeping all its organoleptic and nutritional properties intact, without the need for preservatives. Because of this, the variety of raw pet food products continue to grow, offering them a healthier and safer diet.
HIGH-QUALITY, SAFE, AND MINIMALLY PROCESSED PRODUCTS
- Food Safety. HPP inactivates microorganisms such as Salmonella spp., E. coli or Listeria monocytogenes.
- Prevents Human Contamination. Cross-contamination poses an extremely dangerous risk to pet owners, which is prevented using HPP pet food products.
- Premium Quality. HPP maintains the nutritional and organoleptic profile of meat, the primary ingredient in pet food.
- Clean Label. HPP makes it possible to eliminate the use of preservatives or additives, guaranteeing a natural, clean label product.
- Health Benefits. HPP pet food offers health benefits such as cleaner teeth, brighter fur and lighter digestions.
- Variety of Formats. HPP pet food can be refrigerated, frozen, or freeze-dried, which can be offered in a variety of formats and packaging.
How to use High Pressure Processing (HPP) for raw pet food diets?
Steve’s Real Food HPP Case Study
HPP Pet Food Examples
HPP for Pet Food Scientific Information
Guidance for the Raw Pet Food Industry
HPP Pet Food Brands & Customers
You may also be interested in
9 Nov 2023
ST. John's, NL (Nov 7, 2023) - Hiperbaric, the global leader and supplier of high pressure processing (HPP) equipment, i...
4 Oct 2023
Sustainable food systems are vital to reducing food loss and waste, the theme of this year's International Day...
15 Sep 2023
Miami (September 15th, 2023) – Hiperbaric, the global leader in high pressure technologies, is pleased to give an exc...