Pharma and Cosmetics
The pharmaceutical industry is beginning to leverage HPP technology. In recent years, interest in HPP has been increasing for the development and preservation of pharmaceutical products, as well as the research of new vaccines and drugs.
In cosmetic products, HPP offers the possibility of developing products with ingredients that are natural, organic and ecological. The main advantage of HPP for this application is that it maintains the color and texture, allowing the development of formulas free of chemical additives.
Cream and lotions are susceptible to microbiological deterioration. HPP technology is presented as an alternative for its preservation, although it does not inactivate spores.
Furthermore, modifications in the structure of large biomolecules (such as proteins) that induce the application of HPP treatment can be used by the pharmaceutical industry to develop products with new functionalities.
NEW VACCINES AND MEDICATIONS
- Improves microbiological safety. Improves the microbiological safety of liquid products already packaged.
- Alternative to sterilizing filtration or heat treatment. HPP inactivates microorganisms in products not suitable for filtration or heat treatment.
- Development of new vaccines. The development of new vaccines is possible using bacteria or viruses inactivated by HPP thanks to the fact that they keep their antigenic power intact.
- Molecular Modification. Structural changes in proteins and enzymes caused by the HPP process open the door to the creation of molecules with new functionalities or enzymatic synthesis of new compounds.
NATURAL AND ORGANIC COSMETICS
- Natural and Organic Cosmetics. Development of products without chemical additives.
- Maintains color and texture. HPP does not modify emulsions or change the color of the product.
- Inactivates microorganisms. HPP inactivates yeasts and vegetative bacteria, with the exception of bacterial spores.
You may also be interested in
30 Oct 2020
Bio-collagen is a substance of great interest in the cosmetic and medical industries for its regenerative properties on ...