Juices and Beverages
This application has experienced an increasing growth due to the variety of beverages developed in recent years, benefitting drastically from high pressure processing. HPP maintains its flavor, color and composition intact, which is precisely what today's consumer demands.
In the case of fruit and vegetable juices, this technology preserves all its nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants and its flavor. It’s similar to consuming a freshly squeezed juice, but with an extended shelf life and food safety guarantee.
Other beverages that benefit from HPP are smoothies and milk alternatives, which have recently become popular. In addition, fruit-based waters and probiotic-enhanced and functional drinks is another growing category for those looking for an additional source of electrolytes and energy. In the last few years, there have been numerous beverage products created with the help of HPP that are competing in the market today.
These include ready-to-eat (RTE) vegetable soups, such as gazpacho, aloe vera or algae-based beverages, cold brew coffee or tea infusions, or fermented beverages such as kombucha, vinegar, or beer.
NATURAL HPP BEVERAGES: SOURCE OF NUTRIENTS, VITAMINS AND ANTIOXIDANTS
- Fresh-like, Premium Beverages. HPP is a non-thermal process that helps preserve the color, flavor and fresh attributes of beverages, which can be similar to a freshly squeezed juice.
- Food Safety. Numerous scientific journals and validation studies state that HPP technology can achieve a 5-log reduction of relevant pathogenic microorganisms in juices, as required by the FDA in the United States.
- Extended Shelf Life. Depending on the application and HPP recipe, it is possible to extend the shelf life of beverages anywhere between 6 weeks and 3 months, in some cases, even longer.
- Clean Label. HPP is a non-thermal process and does not require preservatives or additives. Products can be marketed as a clean label product that is “cold-processed”, “non-thermally processed” or “natural”. It is also possible to obtain the High Pressure Certified ® Mark, which helps consumer identify the benefits delivered by HPP.
- Functional and probiotic beverages. By using HPP, the nutritional and functional properties remain intact, maintaining its probiotic character and enzymatic activity.
- Technology with no limitations on packaging. Previously with the In-Pack units, it was only possible to use flexible plastic packaging such as, bottles, bags, bag-in-box and containers. However, now with the new range of Hiperbaric Bulk technology, it is possible to use glass, cardboard, or 100% biodegradable packaging.
HPP Juices & Beverages Examples
HPP for Juices & Beverages Scientific Information
Intermountain HPP Case Study
Juste Pressé Case Study
HPP JUICES & BEVERAGES WEBINAR
In this webinar we explain the reasons that have made the category of juices and beverages the fastest growing HPP sector in the world. HPP allows manufacturers to offer natural drinks with all their flavor. Our HPP experts tell you about it together with the success stories of our clients Preshafruit and Hermes Boissons.
Juices and Beverages HPP Customers
You may also be interested in
4 Jul 2022
Juste Pressé prevails in the contest organized by TGV, the Gallic high-speed train, to supply them with the first refri...
18 Feb 2022
Hiperbaric sat down with Bianca Kiovanni, founder of Simplicity Beverage in Atlanta, GA. a company that produces craft c...