Ready to Eat Meals
Due to the busy schedule consumers have, HPP ready-to-eat (RTE) meals have increased in popularity. This application offers practical meals that are similar to those made fresh at home. It multiplies up to 3 times the shelf life while refrigerated, maintaining all the fresh properties of the food.
The versatility of this technology allows it to be applied to a wide variety of ready-to-eat (RTE) meals consisting of meat, fish, vegetables, rice, and pasta. HPP also allows the development of innovative products, guaranteeing food safety and avoiding any type of recontamination since the process is applied to the final packaging.
MEALS THAT ARE NUTRITIOUS, FLAVORFUL, AND HAVE AN EXTENDED SHELF LIFE
- Clean Label. Reduces or eliminates the need to use preservatives or additives.
- Premium Quality. HPP is a non-thermal process that maintains the color, flavor and nutritional value of products.
- Minimum Previous Cooking. Before the HPP treatment, the ready-to-eat meal requires only minimal cooking to achieve optimal flavor.
- Extended Shelf Life. HPP extends the shelf life of ready-to-eat products for several weeks.
- Food Safety. HPP inactivates foodborne pathogens and spoilage microorganisms such as Salmonella spp., Coli, molds and yeasts. In addition, recontamination is avoided since products are processed in their final packaging.
- Variety of Products. HPP can be applied to a range of RTE products that are prepared with ingredients such as meat, fish, vegetables, rice, and pasta.
- Variety of Formats. HPP has a wide range of packaging formats that can be used, such as tubs, large bags, trays, vacuum packed and MAP.
Want to know more about HPP?
Our experts will be pleased to advise you personally to solve any doubts or questions you may have about the application of high pressure processing (HPP) on your products.
HPP RTE Meals Customers
Hiperbaric HPP Global Community
You may also be interested in
1 Mar 2024
We are excited to provide the first look at an innovation that will transform how foods are processed and preserved - Hi...
11 May 2023
We sat down with Rodilla, a casual, artisan, healthy, and quality Spanish restaurant chain specializing in cold sandwich...
10 May 2022
To enter the MRM kitchens is to be transported to the very essence of our mother's and grandmothers' "traditional" kitch...