There are many products sourced from milk that we consume daily: fresh cheese, aged cheese, yogurts, smoothies, sauces, and spreads with a milk base. HPP technology offers a multitude of technological and functional benefits for these products depending on their characteristics.
HPP inactivates foodborne pathogens and microorganisms without applying heat, maintaining the delicate sensory, nutritional and functional properties of dairy products, while guaranteeing food safety and extending the shelf life of the product.
Variety of HPP Dairy Products
Milk: HPP raw milk is one of the applications that has recently found commercial success. Hiperbaric Bulk technology opens a great opportunity for cold preservation of milk.
Cheese: The high pressure processing of fresh cheese allows to inactivate pathogenic bacteria and improve the shelf life of the product for up to several weeks. In the case of aged cheeses, HPP can accelerate or modify the maturation.
Yogurt: HPP inactivates contaminating microorganisms (yeasts and molds), keeping the enzymes alive (lactic acid bacteria) and preserving the probiotic properties. Yogurt can reach about 3 months of shelf life.
Sandwich Fillings: Cheese-based and mixed with other ingredients, these products can be processed to improve the shelf life and destroy pathogens, while maintaining a high quality taste that is fresh and safe.
HIGH NUTRITIONAL VALUE AND INNOVATION AT THE SERVICE OF THE DAIRY INDUSTRY
- Food Safety. HPP inactivates foodborne pathogens and spoilage microorganisms such as Salmonella spp., Coli, molds and yeasts.
- Nutritional Value. Being a cold process, it preserves the vitamins, immunoglobulins and lactoferrin.
- Extended Shelf Life. HPP extends the shelf life of dairy products up to several months.
- Clean Label. Reduces or eliminates the need for preservatives or additives.
- Product Development. Development of highly nutritious dairy products. Applicable to milk, fresh cheeses, fillings, sauces, dairy spreads and dairy beverages.
- Variety of Formats. HPP has a wide range of packaging formats that can be used, such as tubs, large bags, bottles and much more.
- Innovative Products. It is possible to develop functional and innovative products that retain all their fresh characteristics.
HPP Dairy Customers
You may also be interested in
31 May 2019
Milk and dairy products are an excellent source of proteins, vitamins and minerals. These products have been traditional...