Salsas, Plant Based and Fruit Products
International cuisine is rich and varies in products such as sauces and dressings that until recently, could only be marketed locally. Thanks to HPP technology, it is possible to develop these products and position them in the market with an extended shelf life, while maintaining their fresh characteristics. Products include wet salads, hummus, sauces, plant based dips, and spreads.
HPP also allows the development of innovative fruit-based products. Fruit purees, fruit cups in their own fruit juice or ready-to-eat (RTE) fruit cup kits with yogurt or cereal are examples of HPP products successfully launched on the market.
HEALTHY, FRESH PRODUCTS WITH A LONGER SHELF LIFE
- Extended Shelf Life. HPP extends the shelf life of salsas, plant based and fruit products between 2x – 8x, depending on the formulation.
- Food Safety. HPP inactivates foodborne pathogens and spoilage microorganisms such as Salmonella spp., Coli, molds and yeasts. In addition, recontamination is avoided since products are processed in their final packaging.
- Premium Quality. HPP maintains all food properties, including color, flavor and nutritional profile, since it is a non-thermal process.
- Clean Label. HPP reduced or eliminates entirely need for preservatives or additives, guaranteeing a clean label product.
- Development of Innovative Products. HPP allows the development of innovative and functional products.
- Variety of Formats. HPP has a wide range of packaging formats that can be used, such as tubs, large bags, individual pouches, and much more.
HPP Salsas and Plant-based Examples
HPP for Dressings, Salsas and Fillings Scientific Info
HPP for Tomato Products Scientific Information
HPP for Plant-Based Products Webinar
Find out why HPP is presented as the best solution for plant-based brands. It can extend the shelf-life by 2-10x and ensure a premium and clean-label product. Our clients Ithaca Hummus and GL SA (So Natural/Sofresco) explain their own success stories and how HPP technology has helped them to grow and differentiate their brands in the market.
Salsas, Plant Based and Fruit HPP Customers
You may also be interested in
21 Feb 2023
Vegan cheese is a popular dairy-free alternative to traditional cheese that offers health and nutritional benefits. It i...
17 Nov 2022
Fruits are an essential part of a healthy diet as they are an important source of bioactive compounds. Still, ...
11 Mar 2022
Plants are a good source of nutrients and other bioactive compounds, but are greatly affected by thermal prese...